Over the past few months following delivery of numerous up-skilling courses, our trainers have found that some Officers have not really
kept up-to-date with the changes within the industry
The Security Industry Authority regularly post on all social media platforms reminders about the up-skilling process and the training required.
CLICK here to go to the SIA web site
If you are attending upskilling training, it is vitally important that you fully read and understand any pre-course emails.
There are a number of things that have to be completed before the training, they are as follows:
- ACT online counter terrorism training (both blue and orange versions)
- Pre course learning (you will be sent a link to access this, you can either print it, complete and bring it with you, or email it back)
- First aid certificate (with at least 12 months remaining, if you are completing this with us we will have it)
- Photographic ID (either a passport or driving licence)
- 2 x proofs of address (see attached sheet for guidance)
- 1 x passport sized photograph
Please be aware the top up training is challenging, there are a number of things that you have to do including practical observations, Q&A on camera and final exams.
Please see attached sheet for Q&A, this is the most difficult part of the course, and all questions must be answered fully to demonstrate understanding
(all on camera). It is my experience that more people fail the top up than an actual full SIA course, I myself have failed people on this, it is not a turn up and pass type scenario.
You will also need to complete and pass an English initial assessment to ensure that your standard of English reading, writing, speaking and listening, meets the requirement stipulated by the SIA.
If you need any assistance or further information, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find all our available courses HERE